Loophole (Elaine Ethel "Doc" Nalley) was born March 10, 1990. As she would turn 17 on the 10th of March, 2007.
Doc is the moderating influence between Bek’s exuberance, Maggie’s caution and the other members of the club’s foibles. She can get excited over an idea and infect it to the others or cautiously point out the problems all while fretting, probably needlessly, over what others think of her. Doc gets her name from her own hatred of her given names and her love of classic Sci-Fi.
She doesn't like spiders.
Taste in Literature Edit
Sci-Fi in all of its many flavors and forms is a must. Beyond that, any kind of adventure story is a very close second; the time period is not a great factor. She’ll happily curl up with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, H.G. Wells, Heinlein or her name sake, E. E. ‘Doc’ Smith.
MID as of 2006-12:
|Mutant Identification Card|
|Ratings||Homo sapiens, STUBBORN Further notations pending court trial.|
|Techniques||ASE Certified Mechanic|
|Weak vs||Normal Human Weakness|
|Backup / Team Affiliation|| Gearheads, Literary Club|
The Law Firm of Mark Reed & Associates
An extraordinarily tall young woman with bright scarlet hair worn to the bottom of the shoulder blades. Loophole is currently in the process of filling out a striking figure but is still somewhat unaware of it having come from a tall and awkward phase. She's of Scots-Irish descent.
Loophole is a rare kind of Gadgeteer. She is the perfect systems analyst, able to puzzle out even the most complicated systems in a few seconds, knowing intuitively either how to make the system work if it’s not or how to break it if it is. This ability extends to weapons, even simple things like swords, bows and arrows or even her hands. She can use anything she can touch as though a Master who’s dedicated most of their life becoming an expert with that item. Her initial ranking was DEV1 ESP 3G.
- Loophole's Post Combat final rating is as follows (as per COTPP)
- Esper 3(G), Devisor 1 and an Exemplar 3 Yerunkle-Corbin system
- Gadgeteer 6E Exemplar 3 under the Hewley-Aranis system. 
The Hewley-Aranis system would have been expounded in their paper which Doc gained illicit access to; otherwise how would she know about it?
With the graduation of Gadget, Elaine was named President pro tempore of the Gearheads. She also was promoted to Junior as Honor Roll, Dean’s List, National Honor Society Initial Member, ASE Junior Achievement Award.
Her costume includes a wide white hip belt decorated with what appear to be rhinestones. The stones have a wide range of holdouts. She also has her father's service automatic and an ASP expandable baton.
- Main article: Carmen
Carmen is an advanced AI that Loophole uses as an assistant. Her existence is a secret. The level of AI she uses is illegal.
Elaine owns "Baby Girl," a vintage Mustang 1969 she rebuilt piece by piece from a hulk bought for fifty dollars in 2003 and parts obtained from various scrapyards. It is powered by a supercharged 427 V-8 engine with a special afterburner that increases its horsepower by about a third while doubling the engine’s fuel efficiency. It was originally a patchwork of colors from parts salvaged from different cars, but eventually Elaine painted it with a nano-paint coating she developed in conjunction with Compiler which allows the car to act like an LED billboard and have dozens of paint schemes, or even stream video or messages like an electronic sign. The default paint scheme is metallic light blue with wide white racing stripes over the hood and roof.
Her other prized property is "Picket's Revenge", a Catalina 27 sailboat she got as a gift from her father. It stays moored at the Nalley's residence in Lake Allatoona, Georgia, but Elaine has a virtual copy of it in the schools simulators. Since the original had two six-packs of beer when she scanned it, the sim computers obligingly include a supply of cold beer every time she uses the virtual copy.
Doc is probably the politest member of the Literary Club, always please, thank you, sir and ma’am. Being brought up a very traditional Southern young lady, her subconscious use of rather formal manners tends to put some people off and this causes her no amount worry. Though she’d never admit it, Elaine is very troubled over how she’s received and thought of. She hides her embarrassment over her enormous IQ behind a wit that is nearly glib.
As far as her powers go, the more complicated the device or system is, the longer it takes her to puzzle it out. Simple items like swords or where to strike someone for best effect take only a few seconds. To completely overhaul the Space Shuttle may take her several years. Doc has a peculiar fondness of films and film making. She’ll get lost if discussing either subject for hours at a time. She’s been lectured more than once for her hobby of film making on campus.
Inventions & ProjectsEdit
- Her suggested improvements upon NASA's next-generation engine system attracted the attention of Tywyswyr, resulting in her being seconded to Whateley on a Ty West Scholarship Foundation scholarship. Without regard to whether she was an active mutant or not.
- Kevra, developed her freshman year (patent WA200612481), is a sub-atomic combination of Kevlar with the body freedom of Lycra. Dow Chemicals bought the patent, or at least the rights to manufacture it.
- Pocolda, also developed in her freshman year (patent WA200612305), is a long chain semicrystalline polymer that is one sided. This locked side allows the chain’s crystalline lattice to distribute pressure across the entire frame in a ratio of five to the ninth to one -- but with a significant lower resistance to pressure on the other side. It is the basis for the CO2 Grenade, licensed to Better Brands.
- Automotive Afterburner, developed in her sophomore year, pending patent WA200715477, to be marketed by AJG Consolidated after final approval by the school.
- NEMCPE or Nalley Electro-Magnetic Charged Particle Emitter (WA200715286), rated as a Category Three Restricted Use NFA Certified use by the ATF, unlicensed.
- TAPS, or Transdimensional Aranis-Hewley Power Station, an experimental prototype unit capable of generating 43.2 megawatts of electricity. The TAPS was developed using a copy of the unpublished paper, Theoretical Arguments for Extra-Dimensional Power Sources to Explain Paranormal Abilities, which Elaine found while investigating sections of the Whateley Mainframe. When informed of her unauthorized access, and her proof of concept, Drs. Richard Hewley and Jean-Michael Aranis had one response; when could she read more of their work? Elaine chose not to patent this in order to keep the design secret.
When initially admitted to Whateley, Loophole was on a scholarship from the Ty West Foundation. With the issuance of a patent upon Kevra, she became sufficiently solvent to pay her own way through Whateley. Actually, she's solvent enough that she's paying her brother's tuition as well. And she's not too happy about it, given what a pain he's been to her over the years.
She also has a deal with Phase, involving the marketing of some sort of alcoholic beverages she inherited from her great-grandfather.
- Basic Martial Arts
- Citizenship and Government
- Paranormal Law
- Powers Theory
- Powers Lab
- Rights and Responsibilities of Good Samaritan Law Enforcement 
- Flight I
- Costume Shop I She's ... grown ... since then; the costume fits snugger than it used to.
- DD100 Defensive Driving for Overland Vehicles
- Biology I Presuming her comment, "That Ah learned in biology," is for reals.
- Theoretical Concepts of Supraluminal Drives
- Non-linear Equations as Relating to Game Theory Calculus
- World Literature: Special Topics - The Prince TA
- Applied Defensive Technologies
- Principles of Spacecraft Engineering replaced by
- Applied Powered Combat Fifth Period
- Combat Pistol 203 Sixth Period
- Family (home address is 2170 Kellogg Creek Rd, Kennesaw, GA, at the mouth of Kellogg Creek where it flowed into the Etowah River.)
- Whitman Cottage
- Poe Cottage
- Room 210 Fall 2007 RA - Sophomore Girls
- Manipulated by
- Wyatt Cody (Boyfriend)
- Order of the Worn Wrench -- Journeyman Engineer Fifth Rank by the end of her Sophomore year, elevated to Master Engineer Fifth Rank on April 18, 2007.
After graduation, Elaine changed her codename to Wicked, a handle which she had occasionally used with a false ID (More info available on the Wicked wiki page).
On early October 2013, however, their troika came to an unexpected end. Tansy was needed to go after a villain called Night Death, but she was injured at the time. Elaine switched places with her, with the help of illusion enchantments performed by their friend Kayda Franks. Elaine managed to fulfill the mission and acquire the antidote for Night Death's bioplague, but was apparently killed in an explosion, with a carbonized corpse being buried in Tansy's grave. In order to protect Elaine's family from further grief, Tansy decided to take Elaine's place permanently, without Wyatt's knowledge. Only Kayda and her life-partner Cornflower are aware of the switch.
This might not be the whole story, however. About one year after Solange's supposed "death", a coma patient who had been identified as Jennifer Kelly (Elaine's alternate ID as "Wicked") awoke without memories. She has since been living in New York as a jewel courier, refusing to delve into her past life since she was supposed to have been a villain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Case of the Poisonous Patent
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Clue of the Unseen Switch
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 E. E. Nalley on the Crystal Hall Forums. Casualties of The Great Crash of May 2011.
- ↑ The Kodiak Conspiracy: Chapter 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Gearhead
- ↑ The Secret of the Forger's List: Part 2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Pomp and Conspiracy
- ↑ Word of God by E.E. Nalley at the Forums
- ↑ Whilst Any Speaks: Chapter One
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 North To Atlantis
- ↑ Even Murphy's Law has Loopholes: Chapter Five
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12.7 Even Murphy's Law has Loopholes: Chapter Six
- ↑ Jade 6 - Dreams and Awakenings
- ↑ The Secret of the Forger's List: Part 3
- ↑ The Secret of the Forger's List: Part 4
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Even Murphy's Law has Loopholes: Chapter One
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Even Murphy's Law has Loopholes: Chapter Two
- ↑ The Kodiak Conspiracy: Chapter 3
- ↑ The Kodiak Conspiracy: Chapter 5
- ↑ The Kodiak Conspiracy: Chapter 4
- ↑ Now the Real Learning Can Begin: Chapter 5 - Wakinyan Towa Pi (Lightning)
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 The Sorrows of Red October
- ↑ Laura and the Village