Outcast Corner is a four person training team, as well as being the name of a clique of 'outcasts' that includes those four and their other friends. Too freakish for the norms, not into self-pity, they're the outcasts in the corner: a fashion disaster, a dinosaur, a Naga, and a living golem.
As a training team, they have an impressive record; while they don't always win, the Outcasts are incredibly tenacious, always making their opponents work hard for victory. This tenacity has earned them a permanent spot on the Las Vegas "mutant deathmatch" betting boards, and their popularity in the deathmatch broadcasts is the reason for their grueling sim schedule. The Outcasts' stubbornness and grit also led to them being selected to participate in the "Crash" at the Fall 2006 Combat Finals.
Training Team membersEdit
- Joseph "Jericho" Turner, a blind devisor/gadgeteer and current team leader
- Caitlin "Eldritch" Bardue, an ex-Marine free-willed golem Artificer
- Jack "Razorback" Carlisle, a dinosaurian speedster and ultraviolent rager
- Sandra "Diamondback" Carter, an empathic Naga and self-taught mage
- Sometimes Phobos and Deimos
In addition to the training team, the core members of Outcast Corner have their own rock band, which plays covers from bands such as Nickelback, Within Temptation, and Metallica. Their roles are:
- Lead guitar: Razorback
- Bass: Jericho
- Drums: Eldritch
- Vocals: Diamondback, if the others can coerce her into it, otherwise Jericho sings.
In-universe chronological order:
- Parkour Jam Hooligans
- Insanity Prerequisite, Part 4
- So I'm a Freak. Sue Me.
- Child of Confusion
- Yet Another Day as an Outcast
- Upheaval: Instructor
- Upheaval: Walking Alone
- Upheaval: New Friends, New problems
- Call the Thunder Chapter 1 - Let's Play a Game (shares the same time block with Maggie Finson's Ill Winds)
- Ill Winds: Part I
- Call the Thunder Chapter 2 - Wake-up Call
- Ill Winds: Part II
- Call the Thunder Chapter 3 - All's Fair in Fun and Chaos
- Ill Winds: Part III
- Call the Thunder Chapter 4 - The Beatings will Continue Until Morale Improves
- Ill Winds: Part IV
- Call the Thunder Chapter 5 - Idiots 'R Us
- Ill Winds: Part V
- Call the Thunder Chapter 6 - There is no homework, only Zuul!
- Ill Winds: Part VI
- Call the Thunder Chapter 7 - Screw this melancholy crap!
- Ashes and Steel
- The Book of Darwin, Chapter 1 (Recovery and Redemption)
- The Book of Darwin, Chapter 2 (Death of a Year)
- Small Mercies (happens partly during Book of Darwin)
- Murphy's Laws Of Whateley (Peripheral, but Important)
- There's Something About Billie: Chapter 1
- There's Something About Billie: Chapter 2
- Blood-Sister, Blood-Brother
- Siblings and Savages: Part 1
- Siblings and Savages: Part 2
- Siblings and Savages: Part 3
- The Gates of the Garden
- The Garden of Good and Evil (In Progress)
- The Death of Khloe Aldridge (In Progress)
- The Eldest Children of Atlantis (In Progress)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 So I'm a Freak. Sue Me.
- ↑ Yet Another Day as an Outcast
- ↑ Call the Thunder: Chapter 1 - Let's Play a Game
- ↑ Ayla and the Birthday Brawl: Chapter 8 - The Legend of Amoret, or of Fortitude
- ↑ There's Something about Billie: Chapter 1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Call the Thunder: Chapter 5 - Idiots 'R Us
- ↑ Ayla and the Great Shoulder Angel Conspiracy: Chapter 2 - Cherubim
- ↑ J.G. at the forums